LibraryLens evaluates your entire library in all the following categories:
Size: Is your library big enough to support your classroom needs?
Fiction/Nonfiction: Do you have an even blend of fiction and nonfiction titles?
Reading Level: Do you have enough below-level, on-level, and above-level titles in your classroom library?
Diversity: How culturally responsive and diverse is your classroom library?
Freshness: How new and fresh is your Classroom Library? We consider new books to be those with a copyright date that is 5 years or newer. (Remember, you want your nonfiction to be up-to-date just as much as your fiction titles)
Categories: Does your library represent many different types of book categories and genres?
For each category, you can view your library's specific achievements, suggestions, and improvements, including title recommendations to help fill your gaps.
You can also view Data & Analytics for each category to view the specific data behind each achievement, suggestion, and issue.
- Overview – This 15-minute video thoroughly explains the features and functionality of LibraryLens. Learn about Booksource Verified titles, the categories within LibryaryLens, and how to fill gaps within your classroom library for size, fiction and nonfiction balance, reading levels, diversity, freshness, and more!
- Freshness Audit - Learn how titles are evaluated based on copyright date to determine their freshness within Booksource Classroom. Learn how to identify gaps and receive custom title recommendations for your classroom.
- Level Audit – Learn about the Reading Level Audit options available in LibraryLens to help identify the strengths and gaps within your classroom library. See the number of books in your library by Guided Reading level, Lexile level, and Accelerated Reader level.
- Diversity Audit - Learn about the Diversity Audit options available in LibraryLens to help identify the strengths and gaps within your classroom library. See the number of books in your library by detailed diversity categories only available from Booksource.
- Damaged Books Audit – Learn how to enable the condition tracking of your books and use the damaged books report. Then, see how Booksource Classroom makes it easier to identify and replace the most loved books in your classroom.