Before your students can begin checking out books from Booksource Classroom, you must add each student to your account. There are two ways to add students to your account.
Import from Excel:
To import your student list from excel click on From Excel listed under Import - Export on the page. First, download our template which can be found by selecting download on the Student Page. Import Students from Excel page as shown below. The template will appear at the bottom of your computer screen to open and enter your student information. Save the file to your computer and then choose the file to import.
The students' first name and last initial will be used as their username. The username will display in list form after the student has signed into Classroom Organizer with your classroom ID and password. The student will choose Students and then see the list of student usernames. Once their name has been selected, the student will either be taken to a Checkout & Read or Return option OR will be presented with entering a unique password.
If you choose to manually enter your student information, choose Add to fill out the student profile information. To save the student to your records, select Create.
- Students Overview – Learn the basics of how to use the manage Students section within Booksource Classroom. See how to add and edit students, search for students, view student details, see custom student book recommendations and more!
- Add, Edit, & Delete Students – This video explains in detail how to manage Students. Add students individually or as a group through an Excel import. Learn how to add students to groups, edit student information, and delete students.
- Student Passwords – This video explains the student password in detail. This is an optional field that can be enabled and disabled in the Settings. Only teachers have the ability to access and manage student passwords.
- Student Progress Chart – Learn all about the reading progress chart for each student available in Booksource Classroom. This chart reports the books checked out and read by each student. Book levels in the system are reflected on this chart to demonstrate reading trends.
- Recommended Books – Learn all about the custom book recommendations available to teachers for each student based on that student’s unique reading trends.