Booksource Classroom makes it easy to import your classroom library from Excel so that you don't have to manually enter the information for all your books.
Please note: the Import-From Excel feature only works with the formats used in the template provided on the site.
Import in 3 Easy Steps:
Create your Excel
- To get started simply download and save our template to your computer. The template is found in your Teacher Library->Import-Export->From Excel. Select download and the template will then be available in an Excel file at the bottom of the computer screen
- Copy and paste your title information into the template or manually type into the columns provided. Once you have added all of your information, save and close the document.
Select your file to import:
- From the Import-From Excel page, select Choose File to locate the file saved on your computer
- Note: If you are using the Excel to add copies of a title already in your library, be sure to check the box “Add existing titles as new copies”
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page to load your list
Valdiate and Import
- The system will check your spreadsheet and list any invalid titles that it cannot import, highlighted in red. You can fix these errors directly in the error list or return to your original spreadsheet and start over.
Example: The annotation for this title was accidentally copied into the Author field, making it too long. Hovering over the red field will explain the error. Clicking it will allow you to edit. Other errors might include: wrong ISBN format, invalid leveling system or characters, etc.
- Once all the titles on your spreadsheet are validated, click “Import These Items” to add your titles to the library
Export your Library to an Excel Document:
To export your library to excel, select To Excel on the Grow & Manage page. Your library will be exported to Excel and will be located at the bottom of your computer to open and save.